Friday, February 28, 2014

New Royal Poster

Earlier this month a Canadian gentleman named Matt Baker contacted me about his new Kings & Queens of England Poster and kindly offered to send me a free copy in exchange for a post about it at this blog. The poster arrived today; I am happy to oblige and report that it would be a lovely addition to any royalist's wall. Extensive genealogical diagrams show not only the British and English monarchs back to Alfred the Great but also their relationships to other European royal families including the Habsburgs, Bourbons, and Romanovs, with pictures of many of the individuals. I particularly admired this idea of including Continental royalty, which the older poster of English/British monarchs I have does not. The portion displaying current royalty is as up-to-date as it could be at present, including Prince George and the new Dutch and Belgian monarchs. My only criticism would be a few minor errors such as calling Prince Philip's mother "Princess Alice Mountbatten" (she was born Princess Alice of Battenberg and married Prince Andrew of Greece long before her father's name was changed to Mountbatten, so was never known by that name) and showing Albert I of Belgium as the son (rather than nephew) of Leopold II. Nevertheless I would encourage anyone interested in royal history attractively presented to purchase this beautiful poster. I look forward to putting it up at home myself.

No comments: